Golden Knights Kash Terms and Conditions
Golden Knights Card Terms and Conditions
Golden Knights Kash and Card - Terms and Conditions
GOLDEN KNIGHTS CARD – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This agreement will govern your use of the Golden Knights Card and the related accounts
in conjunction with the terms and conditions listed separately and specifically
for each account which allows the Golden Knights Card to be used for purchases.
Signing this agreement constitutes your request for a Golden Knights Card. A cardholder
must also sign and agree to the terms governing each account before each can be
- The Golden Knights Card establishes your affiliation with The College of Saint Rose
and the Saint Rose Community. It will serve as the official College of Saint Rose
I.D. Card, Library Card, Meal Plan Dining Card and Access Card. The first card issued
is at no cost to students, faculty, administration and staff. However, a penalty
fee of $30 will be assessed to those using cards fraudulently. The cardholder is
the only authorized user of the I.D. Card, it is his/her responsibility to safeguard
and maintain the condition and integrity of the card. This I.D. card will be valid
as long as the cardholder is a member of the Saint Rose Community. A card may be
cancelled or revoked by the College at any time and must be returned to the Golden
Knights Card Office upon request. Misuse of the card may result in the loss of card
- The Golden Knights Card, Declining Balance Accounts, and this agreement are administered
by The College of Saint Rose Knights Card office. The contact information and hours
are as follows:
Golden Knights Card Office
The College of Saint Rose
432 Western Avenue
Albany, New York 12203
Hours of operation:
Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
If assistance is needed before or after hours, contact Security at 518-454-5187.
- The Meal Plan Dollars/Extra Meal Dollars, Golden Knights Kash, and Printing Credit
accounts are automatically closed at the end of a cardholders association with the
Saint Rose Community. Refunds for the Golden Knights Kash account are subject to
conditions set forth by the College. If a refund is to be awarded by the College,
any debts on a cardholder’s account must be satisfied prior to a check being processed.
- The Golden Knights Card, with its associated declining balance accounts, is not
a credit card; it is a stored value card, which deducts the amount of purchases
from the balance available. A cardholder cannot use their Golden Knights account(s)
to withdraw money or to pay tuition. A cardholder’s account commences when he/she
signs this agreement. The College will have no obligation to honor or complete any
transactions that are not covered by available funds in their account.
- No charges are assessed to the cardholder for any transaction(s). There will be
no limit to the number of times a day a cardholder can use his/her card, provided
there are enough funds to complete the transactions.
- Sales receipts are available to the cardholder at all points of sale upon request.
All vendors not administratively part of The College of Saint Rose are required
to make a receipt available. It is the cardholder’s responsibility to make sure
that the receipt is correct.
- An electronic accounting of the cardholders account can be viewed online. If the
cardholder notices transaction(s) that were not made by them, it is their responsibility
to inform the Golden Knights Card Office immediately. The transaction(s) will be
investigated and the cardholder will be notified of the findings within ten (10)
business days, unless further investigation is warranted. If additional time is
needed the Golden Knights Card Office may take up to 30 days to complete its investigation.
If the Golden Knights Card Office is not informed of a discrepancy within 30 days,
the cardholder is liable for the erroneous charges.
- A lost or stolen card must be reported immediately. To report a card lost or stolen
during business hours the cardholder must call (518) 337-4694 or appear in person
to the Golden Knights Card Office located in the Student Solution Center on the
third floor of Saint Joseph’s Hall. If it is during non-business hours then the
cardholder should report the card missing to the Security Office at (518) 454-5187,
or online at https://ccenter.strose.edu/.
- Once a Golden Knights Card has been reported stolen it will be deactivated. The
fee for replacing a lost, stolen or damaged card is $30.00. If a card is not working
and is deemed to have a malfunction, then a card will be re-issued at no cost. However,
the cardholder must be able to surrender the old card to the Knights Card Office.
Otherwise, the $30.00 fee will be assessed.
- If the cardholder fails to report their card lost or stolen, then they are responsible
for any unauthorized or fraudulent charges made to their account. If the card is
reported within 48 hours and the card was used unauthorized charges, then the cardholder
would only be responsible for $50.00. If the cardholder did not report the card
missing within 48 hours, then the cardholder may be responsible for up to $500.00
in unauthorized charges. If, however, the cardholder fails to notify The College
of unauthorized purchases or that the card has been lost or stolen within sixty
(60) days after a reasonable person should have discovered such a problem, the cardholder
may be responsible for all of the unauthorized purchases and/or overdrafts.
- Information regarding the cardholder’s account may be disclosed to third parties
in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, when necessary
to complete transactions, when the condition or existence of an account must be
verified to comply with a government agency or court order, or with the cardholder’s
- The terms and conditions of this agreement are effective and remain binding until
the cardholder is otherwise notified. If any changes are made to the terms and conditions
of this contract, the Golden Knights Card Office shall provide the cardholder with
a notice of change(s) at least 10 days in advance of the effective date. Prior notice
need not be given where an immediate change is necessary to maintain or restore
the account’s security or integrity.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of
the United States and the State of New York.
GOLDEN KNIGHTS KASH – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions will govern the use and administration of the
declining balance account known as the Golden Knights Kash account issued at the
request of the cardholder who is an active member of The College of Saint Rose Community.
- Money for the Golden Knights Kash Account can be posted immediately if it is added
at one of the cash value machine. If the cardholder chooses to use a credit card
to post money online, there may be a short waiting period to before the transaction
updates and is posted to your account.
- No minimum balance is required; however, a minimum amount of $20.00 is required
for each deposit.
- The College of Saint Rose reserves the right to impose a limit to the maximum amount
that can be deposited to an account at one time as well as a limit to the total
accumulated balance on any individual account on an account by account basis.
- No interest or other earnings will be paid or credited to the cardholder.
- A cardholder must present his/her Golden Knights Card at the time of a transaction
in order to access the account. The Golden Knights Card and associated account is
non-transferable and except as provided in the Golden Knights Card Terms and Conditions
the holder is responsible for all purchases debited from their account.
- If a Golden Knights Card is lost or stolen, the holder is responsible for the purchases
according to the Terms and Conditions set forth for the Golden Knights Card Agreement
signed by the cardholder upon opening the account.
- Disputes over improperly charged transactions must be addressed with the vendor.
All other errors or problems should be brought to the attention of the Golden Knights
- The cardholder will be responsible for any over drafts that may occur.
- The Golden Knights Kash account is an accumulated prepaid declining balance account.
The account balance will roll over from semester to semester.
- If the declining balance account becomes inactive and remains inactive for a period
of one (1) year, the account will be terminated. After the date of termination,
The College will use the information a cardholder provided to try to send any funds
that The College is holding in custody. If that information is not correct and/or
The College is unable to complete the payment to a cardholder, his/her funds will
be subject to applicable New York State laws regarding escheat of unclaimed property.
A cardholder may also be charged an Account Closing Fee of $25.00.
- The College of Saint Rose reserves the right to modify or change the terms and conditions
that govern this account. Any changes will be made in writing no less than 10 days
prior to the implementation.
- The College of Saint Rose may terminate this agreement at any time and for any reason
provided that The College refunds all remaining funds in the account, less the applicable
administrative processing fee of $ 25.00. If such termination is for The College’s
convenience and not for the breach of this contract or other security issues, The
College of Saint Rose may waive the administrative fee.
- If an account is closed and a refund is applicable, based on extenuating circumstances,
the College will notify the cardholder in writing at the last known permanent address
on record with the College. A refund request must be made in writing and is subject
to administrative fees.
Any personal information collected for the Golden Knights Card, including personal
images, will only be used for College purposes and within the established guidelines.
Any data collected on the use of the College facilities and services by the cardholder
will be treated in the same manner. Information regarding the cardholder will not
be provided to third parties unless required by law or with written permission of
the cardholder. Information regarding cardholder(s) is considered strictly confidential
and is securely maintained.
Cardholder information will only be shared in the following manner unless the cardholder
has signed a Privacy Waiver; completion of a transaction, verification of account,
compliance with judicial order or a lawfully issued subpoena.